*OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION, STUDENTS’ UNION GOVERNMENT, UNIVERSITY OF UYO*
This is a general update from the Directorate of Information, Students’ Union, University of Uyo as at August 6, 2019.
1. *ON ADDITION OF 2K PENALTY & EPORTAL CLOSURE* : Full time students are advised to pay their fees as soon as possible as the eportal is currently opened.
After the intervention of the Students’ Union officials on the removal of the 2k penalty, there has been no official memo yet from the school management, as when the portal will be closed or when the 2K penalty will be subsequently added.
Continuing Education Students are advised to also pay their fees & register courses as soon as possible as their portal has been temporarily reopened for just 2 weeks effective August 5th after the intervention of the Sen. Ita Johnny Led Students’ Union Senate.
2. *SECURITY SITUATION ON CAMPUS:* The security situation of the school has been stabilized as more security operatives, intelligence officers & patrol team are being deployed to campus. Earlier in an interview available @ uniuyosug.org/radio , true security situation was revealed as the Students had called for government intervention. Gov. Udom Emmanuel who visited and worshiped with students @ Victory Chapel, Town Campus Uniuyo on Sunday August 4th, 2019 pledged maximum security infrastructure for the school. The President of the Students’ Union Rt. Hon. Emediong Ekanem thanked Governor for his timely intervention.
3. Uniuyo to introduce nursing as a course, Computer Science now a 4 year course as against 5 years previously,.
4. 2019/2020 SCHOOL OF BASIC STUDIES ADMISSION LIST released, accessible via https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals/ , acceptance fee is #15,000 payable via the eportal.
5. Uniuyo POST UTME screening will hold 19th – 23rd August, 2019 devoid of any written examination, Direct Entry screening holds 24th August, 2019.
6. *INFORMATION / TECHNOLOGY WEEK:* Sequel to the fact that all halls will be used by the University during screening from 19th- 24th August, 2019. The
Information / Technology Week will now take place *26th – 30th August, 2019.* The information tour as sponsored by Dinc Consult and MTN will exclusively happen on 27th & 28th August and 100k Cash raffle draw on August 30th, plan of other activities will be made public in due time. Interested students who wish to embark on the tour and as well obtain their tour/raffle tickets should visit https://dincconsults.com.ng/pro…/the-secret-of-an-a-student/ or visit RM104 SUG Secretariat, Community Center, Uniuyo Town Campus, students can also visit any approved ticket vendor in school to obtain their ticket, for more enquiries call 08137261213
*John Mfon John*
Director of Information
Students’ Union University of Uyo – Uniuyo SUG
*Contact the Directorate of information*
Download our mobile app on play store @Uniuyo SUG